# char in DB field name

From: Albert Jagnow (albert-jagno..iowa.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 16:37:52 EDT

    I have run across a database table that has a # in the field name and
    that field happens to be the primary key field. The problem I encounter
    is that when I generate the class file for this table I get the
    following line:

    public static final String ACTSQ#_PK_COLUMN = "ACTSQ#";

    Java doesn't like the # in that var name. I don't know enough about how
    cayenne works to know if I can rename this var or if that will that
    cause problems. This is a legacy table so I can't do anything about
    renaming the field. I will need to insert data into this table, but I
    will be manually updating the new pk numbers. Any suggestions?

    --Albert