Reusable libraries [Was: Interesting Tomcat (et al) Issue ...]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 09:42:50 EDT

    You can do it now, though some manual assembly is required. Just
    don't package cayenne.xml in your shared jar, only package the data
    maps. In a shared library scenario you'd have to leave the DataNode
    information out of the jar anyway as in most cases you can't predict
    how it is going to be deployed.

    That is not to say that we shouldn't improve this process in the
    future. I was thinking that the Modeler should support these two
    scenarios:

    1. Library projects. I.e. DataMap-only projects without node or
    cayenne.xml files.
    2. Deployment Projects. I.e. projects with cayenne.xml listing "non-
    existing" DataMap references (those that come from some external jars
    at runtime).

    If there is interest in doing it right away, lets use cayenne-devel
    for this discussion.

    Andrus