Re: SQL logging

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 23:14:03 EDT

    shaun <wojing..astmail.com.au> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Cayenne logs SQL queries like so:
    > SELECT t0.amount, t0.id,
    > FROM payment t0
    > WHERE t0.booking_id = ? [bind: 200]
    >
    > Is it currently possible to get the logging to print the actual SQL
    > instead?
    >
    > In WO I used a delegate to implement my own translation
    > from 'binding SQL' to SQL.
    >
    > Just wondering if there is a delegate or something similar I can hook
    > into to do this in cayenne?

    If you want the actual SQL, you're better off installing the p6spy driver.

    http://www.p6spy.com/

    It's a JDBC driver that sits in front of your real jdbc driver and allows
    you to monitor everything sent to it.

    Here's another page describing it in simpler terms.

    http://www.dbunit.org/faq.html#p6spy

    -Mike