Re: Question Concerning XML - Was: M5 is out

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 11:29:40 EDT

    Hi Kevin

    > > XMLEncoder xmlEncoder = new XMLEncoder();
    > > xmlEncoder.setRoot("table", "my.fully.specified.classname.MyTable");
    > > xmlEncoder.encodeList("table", dataObjectList);
    > >
    > > That gives me the root then only:
    > >
    > > xmlEncoder.getXml(); -> <table
    > > type="my.fully.specified.classname.MyTable"
    > > />
    >
    > Are your objects simply DataObjects or are they CayenneDataObjects?
    > If the former, than you need to provide an explicit mapping. This
    > can be done by providing a mapping file or by implementing
    > XMLSerializable. If the latter, CayenneDataObject provides a default
    > implementation of the methods in the XMLSerializable interface.

    These are CayenneDataObjects.

    When I step into the Cayenne Code with the Debuger it does run through the
    XMLSerializable interface code and it looks as if everything is
    concatenated or built properly. At least the compiler steps through every
    object from the dataObjectList and loops through every property of these
    objects.

    But my problem is, that I am not getting anything of that later in the
    getXml(). I only get the root Node there. I must have made something
    wrong...? Any ideas where to look for the fault?

    Regards,
    Adrian