Re: ObjectContext & DataContext

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 06:07:54 EDT

    Hi Gary,

    Re: i18n'ed applications

    You may find this thread helpful. It was certainly enlightening to me.

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2005/06/0182.html

    Re: ObjectContext

    This is related to Cayenne new multi-tier features and documentation is
    indeed lacking as this is still work in progress. ObjectContext is a
    simplified version of DataContext that doesn't have direct dependencies on
    the Cayenne access stack and is therefore more flexible.

    As ObjectContext is an interface, it is much easier to provide different
    implementations for different environments (e.g. there is a
    ClientObjectContext). In the future 1.2 milestones DataContext will
    implement ObjectContext as well. Non-public class ObjectDataContext is
    actually a temporary bridge between the new and old context API. You can
    find it in the sources.

    Andrus