RE: Object Graph question

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 11:55:37 EDT

    I haven't looked into it in detail, but I've seen objects stay in the
    cache for days (things I loaded on Friday were there the following
    Monday). This actually confused me, so I turned the cache off (I get
    fresh objects every time now -- my app is low usage). I don't believe
    there is currently a cache timeout (like in EOF) to trim out older
    objects, but that could be a useful feature.

    If an object isn't in the cache it will definitely have to hit the DB to
    fetch it. As for your other questions, maybe someone else more
    experienced with the cache can answer them.

    /dev/mrg