Re: Lazily column retrieval

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 11:13:00 EDT

    I haven't heard of anyone posting a streaming [C|B]LOB ExtendedType.
    A generic implementation would require some thought, but a simplified
    read-only custom version should be pretty easy to make.

    Reading blobs is much easier that writing them. Just implement
    "getClassName()" to return "java.sql.Blob" and "materializeObject
    (..)" to call "getBlob()". Don't recall if some DB's (Oracle?)
    required an open connection that created a BLOB for the BLOB object
    to be accessible. If this is the case, I can think of a few
    workarounds for that.

    If you are going to try it and willing to share your code, please
    attach to CAY-316.

    Thanks
    Andrus