Re: Trying to update meta data on objects which are saved

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 15:41:14 EDT

    On Aug 27, 2005, at 8:35 PM, Jerome Chan wrote:

    > Would it be a good idea to put in hooks for when an object changes
    > state?

    Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Overriding
    CayenneDataObject.setPersistenceState(..) is useful for a number of
    things, but if you want to make modifications that need to be
    committed to the database, validateFor* should be a more appropriate
    place.

    > My other other solution is to subclass DataContext and perform my
    > method call in commit changes instead. Less code for me to write. :P

    I don't know the details of what you are trying to do, but there is
    nothing wrong with such approach too.

    Andrus