To Dep PK

From: Gili (cowwo..bs.darktech.org)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 18:11:48 EDT

            Given a table Theme with columns "id" which is the primary key and
    "parent" which is a FK which points to the parent theme.

            I'm trying to understand why Cayenne says that "toParent" which is a
    relationship which maps from Theme.parent to Theme.id has "to dep pk"
    enabled. Doesn't this imply that the parent theme is dependant on the
    current theme and by extension if the current theme is removed, the
    parent theme can't exist without it...? This seems to be wrong to me.
    Can someone please explain?

    Thanks,
    Gili

    --