RE: PK Increment Step

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 09:10:09 EDT

    I believe the 20 you are referencing is how many PKs will be cached by
    default (and this can be changed at run-time). So if your PK table has
    a value of 1000 for a given table and new PKs are requested, it'll bump
    it up to 1020 and then not request PKs for 20 more inserts into that
    table. So, when doing multiple inserts, the cache saves trips to the DB
    which can speed things up.