Re: Synchronization after SQLTemplate

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 17:38:53 EDT

    On Sep 5, 2005, at 5:05 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

    > http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/api/cayenne/index.html
    >
    > I can't think of a single reason not to have DeleteQuery in your
    > Cayenne toolbox. SQLTemplate may be more appropriate for what you're
    > doing (I have no idea), but DeleteQuery is definitely an affective way
    > to delete bulk data while preserving the integrity of the object graph

    I disagree. DeleteQuery works just like SQLTemplate in regards to
    object graph - this is a direct db operation bypassing ObjectStore.
    It was used by Cayenne internally before batch commit queries were
    introduced in 1.1. I was thinking of deprecating it, but I am still
    undecided as I can see its value as a utility query.

    True, it can be used to delete bulk data, but preserving object graph
    integrity will be responsibility of the developer (e.g. via invalidate).

    Andrus