SelectQuery with object parameter

From: Gili (cowwo..bs.darktech.org)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 13:19:08 EDT

    Hi,

            I have a SelectQuery with a root of "DefaultImage", and qualifier of
    "theme = $theme". In my Java code I bind "theme" to a DefaultTheme,
    which is a DataObject. Then when I try issueing the query I get this
    exception:

    java.sql.SQLException: Cannot convert class
    desktopbeautifier.server.cayenne.DefaultTheme to SQL type requested due
    to java.lang.ClassCastException -
    desktopbeautifier.server.cayenne.DefaultTheme

            The closest discussion I could find is
    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2002/09/0009.html
    but it doesn't look like anyone ever answered it. Am I doing something
    wrong? Shouldn't I be able to pass a DataObject as a query parameter?

    Thank you,
    Gili

    --
    http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/