Re: saveOrUpdate

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:47:07 EDT

    I'm pretty sure the thread you're referring to dealt with a rare case
    where a registered object might be added a second time by the new
    "auto-registering" behavior that occurs when setting relationships
    between a registered object and a non-registered object.

    registerNewObject probably already insures that the object is
    registerable. (You can always look at the source code and verify
    it).

    If you want to be really paranoid, just insure that
    object.getDataContext() == null before registering an object. The
    above condition is the easiest way to determine if an object is
    registered already.