arbitrary queries, no root node

From: Hefest (Hefes..mail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 12:23:56 EDT

    Hi everyone,

    I would apretiate a very short, concise peace of code to execute an
    arbitrary select query retreaving arbitrary data. From what I've seen,
    found and read, SQLTemplate has a fixation on a root object - I don't
    always have one.
    For instance, the db server current time is SELECT getdate() (with
    MSSQL, anyway). I know of no simple way to retrive such a trivial peace
    of information - I am sure I'm overlooking something important as it
    cannot be the case that such a query demands a procedure or view or
    modification of the model...

    TIA,
    Tomislav