RE: How to do these two tasks properly in cayenne?

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 11:04:49 EDT

    I use an SQLTemplate to retrieve sizes. I'm 99% certain Cayenne would
    have to fetch all rows to give you the size using a regular SelectQuery.

    For Sybase (you'll have to tailor it for MySQL, probably), I used
    something like:

    final String queryString = "SELECT count(*) 'rowCount' from Foo where
    bar = $bar";
    final SQLTemplate queryTemplate = new SQLTemplate(Foo.class,
    queryString, true);

    queryTemplate.setFetchingDataRows(true);

    Map queryParameters = new HashMap(1);
    queryParameters.put("bar", "xyzzy");
    SQLTemplate query = queryTemplate.queryWithParameters(queryParameters);
    List results = dataContext.performQuery(query);

    if (results.size() == 1)
      return results.get(0).get("rowCount").intValue();
    else
      return 0;