Re: Reconnecting serialized DataObjects

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 15:03:18 EDT

    On Sep 27, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > However, in the case where the DataContext is no longer the same,
    > won't I lose all new and modified objects?
    >
    > I don't want to serialize the entire DataContext and ObjectStore. I
    > only want to preserve a few specific items, and almost always those
    > objects are in a modified or new state.

    The same idea should work for different DataContext and for modified/
    new/deleted objects. First I think CayenneDataObject readObject/
    writeObject can stay unchanged (never mind Externalizable interface I
    put in my example in CAY-298 attachment).

    In "readResolve" you'd have to call DataContext.localObjects()
    instead of "registeredObject()". But this would require fixing
    CAY-380 - I think this is the only piece missing from the picture.

    Andrus