Re: JettyPlus w/ Cayenne JNDIDataSourceFactory

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 16:22:28 EDT

    On Oct 5, 2005, at 4:07 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Is anyone using JettyPlus with a Cayenne JNDIDataSourceFactory?
    >
    > I'm looking at the JettyPlus configuration file, and it appears that I
    > somehow have to manually construct a DataSource (possibly a pooled
    > data source) using "xml-syntax" java.
    >
    > Seems like there is either an easier way, or that maybe someone else
    > might have already done such a terrible thing....
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Mike

    I don't think there is an easier way on the Jetty side. Though once
    you figure this XML voodoo, Jetty rules - I was able to setup pretty
    complex multi-app environments runnable straight from Eclipse, with
    JDBC Realm authentication, etc. Don't have DataSource example though,
    sorry.

    If this is for your development machine, you can use "Loading JNDI
    DataNodes from Local Preferences" new feature though:

    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/1.2+User+Guide

    Andrus