Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Click 0.13 Released

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 07:00:16 EDT

    > From what I am seeing it is not too much different to Tapestry but with
    > the added yuckiness of a JSP like page (Velocity) scripting.
    Sorry, but there is a great difference:
    No matter how genius one is, one can't learn Tapestry in one or two days.
    Not so with Click. Even lazy newbies and mediocre students were able
    to learn it very fast(and many of them were not even able to really learn and master Struts)
    - I saw this live at my actual employer :)

    You know, in most teams, one doesn't get only J2EE gurus, or what one would
    really wish, so under these *real* conditions it looks a better strategy to
    choose something that everyone can master.
    This way, everybody will be motivated and will be productive and as a consequence, the one guru(if
    still there's one in the team) will not be forced do the job for the entire team and carry the
    entire project as it happens in many cases.

    just my 2 cents,

    Ahmed.