Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Click 0.13 Released

From: Lindsay Steele (lsteel..inet.net.au)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 16:58:59 EDT

    I really don't want to keep this going but you continue the FUD. The
    FUD I was talking about is the claim that you need some sort of genius
    to work with Tapestry. Thats just over hype. Tapestry seems quite
    easy and I have seen quite average developers working with it, anyone
    that can do the basics of Java, which they also need for Click can work
    with Tapestry.

    Considering that anyone going to learn either Click or Tapestry needs
    Java, learning the framework isn't a big jump.

     Tapestry with a nice setup - a book and things like Spindle is just as
    simple as Click. Tapestry also has a lot more power underneath and I
    suspect many people would appreciate that later on.

    I really like Cayenne, but to me "simple to use" just wasn't the total
    reason. The modeler is great but it's concepts do take a little
    learning. If I wanted totally simple I would have went elsewhere .. but
    would have lost a few advantages as well.