Query and Expression help

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 22:19:17 EDT

    I have a need to run a query that is more complicated than anything
    I've tried in SQL, and I have no idea how to do it in Cayenne, so I
    was hoping someone could help me out.

    We're trying to display a list of students who are absent from (a
    portion of) a teacher's class (which is called Section to avoid
    confusion with java.lang.Class).

    User is the class for students, it is linked to some Sections and
    Absences
    Section is the class for a teacher's class, it has a start and end
    time and a getStudents() method
    Absence is the class for an absence, it has a start and end time (say
    if a student leaves for a doctor's appt and comes back to school) and
    a User who's absent.

    I need a list of all Users in a given Section who have an associated
    Absence which overlaps with the time of that Section.

    If I need to be more specific, let me know. If I need to beg more,
    also let me know. :-)

    Thanks,
    Todd