Re: CMS Advice

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 08:17:01 EDT

    On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:41:53 -0400, Andrus Adamchik
    <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > 2. Support for 100% custom templates to ensure the site is structured
    > and looks the way *we* want it.
    > 3. An ability to grab external RSS feeds and post them under news
    > section (right now we can't even scrape our own blog).

    > Confluence (not sure about the new versions) won't work - it doesn't
    > address (2) and (3).

    Confluence has come a long way. You can template just about everything
    now I think, and what you can't out of the box, you can write macros or
    plugins for. Someone has even written a scaffolding plugin too that will
    let you format data nicely
    (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/Scaffold+Library).

    I haven't had issues with RSS feeds, other than it has traditionally been
    hard to combine them. Confluence 2.0 (which is in RC1 right now), takes
    care of that with its dynamic RSS builder
    (http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=134223 --
    note 1.5 has been renamed to 2.0, so don't get confused by that).

    Upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 for us was painless. I haven't had the time to
    play with 2.0 yet, unfortunately.

    Just more info to chew on.

    --
    Kevin