D i f f e r e n t i n t e r p r e t a t i o n of the same E x p r e s s i o n

From: Zvonimir Spajic (z.spaji..scensys.de)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 09:49:33 EST

    Hello,

    it seems that there is a different behaviour for the same Expression
    a) executed on a database
    b) executed on an exisiting DataObject.

    I use MySql 4.1 and Cayenne with Manifest data:

    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
    Created-By: 1.4.2_09-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    Built-By: andrus
    Extension-Name: org.objectstyle.cayenne
    Specification-Version: cayenne
    Specification-Vendor: ObjectStyle.org
    Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.objectstyle
    Implementation-Version: 1.1.3
    Implementation-Vendor: ObjectStyle.org

    The scenario:

    1) I need a value as criteria that identifies new ProductMedia

      Date aDate = Util.getDefaultDateForNewProductMedia();
      long timeLimit = aDate.getTime();

    (timeLimit is in this example a long value '1128602518890' (--> 06.10.2005
    14:41))

    2) The value in the database of the column 'visibleFrom' is 2005-10-06

    3) Dependent on greaterOrEqual value of a date column (MySql type 'date')
    I get a objectList from the database.
      Expression qualNew =
    ProductMedia.getNewExpression(System.currentTimeMillis(), timeLimit);
      List aNewObjectsList = ProductMedia.getProductMediaForExpression(ctxt,
    qualNew);
    and I get this object from db, where the visibleFrom value is '2005-10-06'

    4) But If I invoke the same Expression on the DataObject, that is read
    before, it returns false.

      if(qualNew.match(aProductMedia)) { --> returns false

    Thanks for any help...