Getting info from object and its sub objects

From: Dhruti Ramani (dhrutiraman..ahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 15:37:32 EST

    We have to generate a report about deals and the deals have lots of sub objects in them. It would be great to bring back a collection of deals to iterate over but to get some info from the sub objects of that deal at the same time. For example, there are cash flows associated with quotes associated with the deals. I fear that if I bring back 2000 deals then ask for the quote on each deal and the cash flows on each quote (the de-referencing causing new queries) and then find the first and last cash flow to put into the report, that this will involve to many individual queries.

    I was reading information about this and feel like following link is related.(SQLTemplate).

    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/api/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/query/SQLTemplate.html

    Am I in right direction? If not then can anybody suggest right answer?

    Thanks,

    Denna