Re: Modeler - Names at singular after reverse engineering?

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 13:46:59 EST

    >> Would it be possible for the CayenneModeler to automatically
    >> convert the names at singular for Object entities if the table
    >> name is at plural after a reverse engineering ?
    >> E.g. table: products -> Object: Product (and javaclass too) or
    >> product_groups -> ProductGroup
    >

    > I tend to agree that we should add this logic to the name conversion
    > algorithm. Nothing is simple though - this assumes table names in
    > English ... Any comments from non-English speaking users?
     From non-English user I can say that most still use english table names :),
    or a combination/mix of languages :).

    > Of course a better solution would be to have locale-sensitive algorithm
    > ... oh well.
    I searched for the different lightweight NLP libraries in Java, but I found nothing relevant
    and opensource that could solve such solutions.

    IMHO to have this for English first it's much more than nothing, and after that step one could
    add for other languages/locales. And even if for English this wouldn't be perfect, it would be much
    more than doing it entirely manually.

    Thanks in advance,

    Ahmed.