Re: Please help: retrieval and proper usage of per thread DataContext

From: Joseph Hannon (jah.volcan..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 19:45:14 EST

    Andrus,

    A little more testing- thanks for the debug tip! I subclassed
    WebApplicationContextProvider and overrode all the relevant methods
    including "requestInitialized" to allow dubug log statements.
    "requestInitialized" is not called for some reason, but methods around it
    are. My results are below. I upgraded to Jetty 5.1.6 to see if that would
    help, it did not. Could try it in Tomcat to see if there is any change,
    wouldn't expect a change. I may need to do as you suggest with
    ServletUtil. I am also unaware of how to get the session at that point.

    Joseph

    App startup:

    (main) DEBUG foo.bar.utility.DataContextProvider.<init>()
    (main) DEBUG foo.bar.utility.DataContextProvider.contextInitialized()

    Going to Page 1 (reads from DB)

    (SunJsseListener1-1) DEBUG
    foo.bar.utility.DataContextProvider.sessionCreated()
    (SunJsseListener1-1) DEBUG
    foo.bar.utility.DataContextProvider.getConfiguration()

    Submit Page 1
    Going to Page 2 (reads from DB)
    Submit Page 2 (writes to DB)

    (SunJsseListener1-0) DEBUG
    foo.bar.utility.DataContextProvider.sessionDestroyed()

    Complete.