Re: establishing a HessianConnection

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 03:59:02 EST

    Hi Marcin,

    On Dec 8, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:
    > when I try CayenneWebServiceUrl="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/serverTest"
    > I'm getting an com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException.
    > There is no traffic at all, It looks like socket is not even created.
    >
    > Does anyone have it working ?

    I do. The form above expects Cayenne Web Service application to
    listen on default HTTP port - port 80. This means that either the web
    application container should listen on this port, or there should be
    an Apache proxy on port 80, forwarding requests to whatever port your
    container is using. This is no different from any regular web
    application deployment.

    Deployment details depend on your container. In my real-life client
    applications I normally have a login panel where a user can enter
    service URL of the service (s)he wants to connect, so I can test the
    application without hardcoding the URL.

    Andrus