Somewhat related...

From: Jonathan Carlson (Jonathan.Carlso..atun.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 16:21:25 EST

    FYI - I just noticed that Thomas Mueller of HypersonicSQL fame has just
    released a brand new Java RDBMS that has a cost-based optimizer,
    clustering, and lots of other high-end features in a small footprint
    (less than 1MB). The compatibility modes for HSQLDB, MySQL, and
    PostgreSQL should (theoretically) make it compatible with Cayenne right
    now. Not that we really need another db, but Thomas seems to have a way
    of writing tight, compact code that really impresses me. I find it hard
    not to be excited about this one.

    http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html

    - Jonathan

    the system manager.