Re: reverse engineering a postgresql database: no relationships detected?

From: Tomi NA (hefes..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 12:55:51 EST

    > All I can recommend is to make sure that the version of the driver
    > with the version of the DB match. COnstraints reengineering works for
    > me on 8.0.*. I remember there were reports about problems with
    > *older* versions, but never the newer ones.
    >
    > Andrus

    I've just switched to a 8.1_p404 version of the jdbc driver and got the same
    results.
    The only thing that comes to mind that I did different this time is that I
    placed all my tables in a named schema instead of using the default.
    ...I've just tried that and it's not the problem: I defined a relationship
    between two tables in the public schema and got the same result as before.
    Does anyone else use postgresql 8.1.x (8.1.2, in my case) on linux with
    cayenne 1.2M10 or similar? Can you reengineer the database with all the
    relations defined?
    This is obviously not a showstopper, but it's certainly the type of work
    ORMs are designed to do for you, so I'm reluctant to do it by hand...

    Tomislav