[ANN] Cayenne entered Apache incubator

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 02:33:53 EST

    Hi there,

    Those of you who've been watching cayenne-devel list already know the
    news - we submitted a proposal to join Apache Software Foundation
    with the goal to further grow the community of users and developers.
    Last week we were accepted to Apache Incubator (incubation is the
    first step in becoming an ASF project). This is very exciting news
    (at least to me :-)).

    So how does it affect our users?

    * The choice of Cayenne will become easier to sell to your boss or
    your clients.
    * Formal IP clearance procedures at Apache should give you additional
    piece of mind if you ship Cayenne as a part of your product.
    * Cayenne 1.2 will ship using "org.objectstyle.cayenne" package
    namespace, so no disruption to your current work should happen.

    Now we are in the process of transferring the infrastructure to
    Apache. I'll be sending all relevant updates to this list. The list
    itself will be moved to Apache at some point (all current
    subscriptions will be preserved).

    Andrus