caching problem ?

From: Lothar Krenzien (lkrenzie..eb.de)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 06:18:56 EST

    Hi ,

    I've notified a problem which I don't really understand.

    I'm doing an insert into tableA, read from tableA and insert the data into tableB. Because I want to save all or nothing I commit the transaction after the last insert. But it looks like that insert data in tableA are not found after the insert because the data in tableB were not inserted. In the logfile I can see that the select don't return any data. When I commit the transaction after inserting into tableA it seems to work. But that's not what I want. So could it be a caching problem ? And I get no error from the database.

    Here's an example of what I want to do:

    insert into tableA
    read from tableA
    insert the just read data into tableB
    commit

    cayenne 1.2 M10 + MSSQL 2000 + jtds

    Thanks, Lothar

    P.S: I've just read about caching in the cayenne user guide (http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/fetch/result-caching.html). I there a way to set the caching policy once for all queries ? In the cayenne modeler the option 'Use shared cache' is set for the used domain node.
    Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130