Re: reverse engineering a postgresql database: no relationships detected?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 07:57:58 EDT

    On May 1, 2006, at 5:51 AM, Tomi NA wrote:
    > Not that I'm against trying new things, but do you know of any other
    > application storing it's preferences in a database? It seems like a
    > major overkill to me...but then, I don't know much about the specifics
    > of the modeler code so take my comments with a grain of salt.
    >
    > t.n.a.

    There is nothing special about the Modeler in this respect. And a
    standalone DB engine would indeed be a major overkill. Embedded DB on
    the other hand seemed like a good option and indeed performed pretty
    well (except for the occasional data corruption...he-he).

    Anyways, I was just thinking out loud, as I am trying to find a
    better solution. One more idea - we should stop trying to be fancy
    and stick with Java standard preferences API as a least common
    denominator :-)

    Andrus