dump cache contents

From: Tomi NA (hefes..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 09:17:13 EDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have a problem in a system with a dozen very active concurrent users
    of my webapp. Because the app attacks the same records in the database
    by nature ("get best candidate for next iteration"-style of work), the
    cache issue is very sensitive. I've seen errors pop up, but I can't
    tell if they're a result of bad design/programming or user error. That
    is to say, I can't tell...yet.

    \What I'd like to do is log cache contents before critical operations
    occur. Something along the lines of
    dataContext.getCurrentCache().dumpContentsToText() would be
    instrumental to the level of understanding I need to be able to solve
    this problem or guarantee it's not an application problem. To this
    end, I'd reduce the number of objects kept in cache (say, just a
    couple of dozens). BTW, is there a way to completely circumvent the
    cache?

    Oh: I'm using 1.2B1 on this project. It's a lot of work to update it
    to 1.2B2. Can anyone comment, please?

    Tomislav