weird stacktrace

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 10:01:01 EDT

    I haven't started debugging this fully yet, but on a production system
    that is taking a couple thousand hits a day (which all hit the
    DB/Cayenne stack), and which has been deployed for months now, we all
    of sudden started receiving this exception on just about every write
    operation:

    exception: [v.1.2M11 February 13 2006]
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DataDomain can only work with
    DataContext. Unsupported context type: null
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.Transaction.onQuery(Transaction.java:218)
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:721)
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataRowStore.getSnapshot(DataRowStore.java:355)
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.ObjectStore.getSnapshot(ObjectStore.java:855)
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.ObjectStore.resolveHollow(ObjectStore.java:1066)
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.prepareForAccess(DataContext.java:1660)
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty(CayenneDataObject.java:238)

    Restarting the app server magically fixed the problem :)

    Any idea what might have happened to trigger this for writes (while
    reads are fine) across all DataContexts?