Re: Error when join table spans datamaps

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 18:28:39 EDT

    > Tough one. What DB is that, Oracle? Can you run this query from sqlplus?

    I'm testing it with HSQLDB. It'll be production on Oracle. On
    Oracle, I could "cheat" in this particular case and set up a login
    that accesses both schemas.

    I could probably do something similar in HSQLDB by moving both schemas
    into the same database.

    But the root problem seems to be that Cayenne should probably not be
    doing a join this way. There's no guarantee that two DataNodes are
    running on the same database type, much less in the same database.

    Maybe it should be changing the join sql into two queries.