Re: Error when join table spans datamaps

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 18:42:33 EDT

    On May 18, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > But the root problem seems to be that Cayenne should probably not be
    > doing a join this way. There's no guarantee that two DataNodes are
    > running on the same database type, much less in the same database.
    >
    > Maybe it should be changing the join sql into two queries.

    I understand. But this means that Cayenne will be doing a cartesian
    product in memory, turning Cayenne in a database engine. I am really
    not comfortable with "this is a natural limitation" excuse I was
    about to make. Still not sure how else we can solve this. Short of
    horrible performance, maybe doing joins within Cayenne SQLAction code
    is not such bad an idea???

    Andrus