RE: Can I use the CayenneModeler to set up indexes? If so, how?

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 10:46:57 EDT

    The modeler currently doesn't allow you to specify arbitrary indexes.
    This could be added to the wish list, but would mainly be used while
    developing a schema (not while maintaining an in-production schema).

    My preferred approach is to have upgrade scripts that are checked into
    the SCM repository. You can use filenames like schema_001.sql,
    schema_002.sql, etc. Makes it easy to sequence them and is highly
    reproducible. It also clearly documents your changes. It would be a
    very difficult problem for the modeler to be able to automatically
    determine the required changes from one schema to another -- and you'd
    have to force the DBAs to run the modeler then, too.

    I don't know of a good schema migration tool.

    /dev/mrg