RE: Can I use the CayenneModeler to set up indexes? If so, how?

From: Eric Lazarus (ericllazaru..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 12:31:23 EDT

    Thanks so much for your help! Let me see if I get your
    drift:

    Are you saying that you add your indexes by running
    SQL scripts against the live data? Are you suggesting
    that setting up indexes is something that DBAs do and
    that DBAs should not need to learn the modeler so the
    modeler need not support index adding and dropping?

    Are you also saying that you do your schema migration
    by running a set of scripts against a copy of the
    production data in a separate instance then cut over
    to that separate instance after inspection and also
    after testing show that the application(s) run well
    against that upgraded database?

    Please be very specific as I'm not fully understanding
    your process but it sounds like one that might work
    well for our application.

    Thanks,

    Eric

    --- "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)"