Re: Parent/Child Insert ordering (was: Caching problem?)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 13:24:12 EDT

    Cayenne handles correct ordering of operations automatically, based
    on dependencies derived from relationships.The algorithm has a few
    limitations though. It can't handle cycles (when Entity A depends on
    Entity B, but also Entity B depends on Entity A). This probably also
    includes entities that have relationships to the same entity (I
    assume this is the case the original post was referring to).

    There are few solutions:

    1. (a workaround, rather than a solution) Do commit in two steps.
    2. Define FK constraints in question as DEFERRABLE and INITIALLY
    DEFERRED (supported by Postgres 8.*)
    3. Set a custom org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.EntitySorter on the
    DataNode.

    Andrus