Re: Parent/Child Insert ordering (was: Caching problem?)

From: Jeff de Vries (jdevrie..frog.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 15:04:52 EDT

    Yes, I have cyclical references, so that is probably what is happening.
    I tried setting DEFERRABLE and INITIALLY DEFERRED before, but was still
    getting errors from PostgreSQL (which was very frustrating since I had
    said INITIALLY DEFERRABLE but PostgreSQL was complaining about an
    invalid foreign key as soon as I inserted the child record but before I
    did the commit). I just went back and looked at the last case where
    this was happening and saw that I did not set INITIALLY DEFERRED and
    DEFERRABLE (probably because I gave up after the last time I tried).
    I'll try setting these again and see what happens.

    Thanks for the help!
    Jeff