Re: Cayenne 3T - Swing GUI - high memory usage

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 00:38:42 EDT

    I just did some memory profiling. I started jetty server (5.1.3)
    running Cayenne service, and sent a constant stream of client
    requests, each one inserting 500 new objects. Once an equilibrium was
    reached between session termination and session creation, the heap
    memory peaked and would not grow further. Then I stopped the client
    requests and all remaining sessions were eventually terminated. At
    this point the heap memory dropped back to a very low value (~ 2.4 Mb).

    So I am fairly certain that the service doesn't leak. You can email
    me privately if you need help with your app - there has to be
    something app-specific.

    Ok, I am going offline for tonight...

    Andrus