database trigger

From: Marcin Skladaniec (marci..sh.com.au)
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 03:55:10 EDT

    Hello !

    I'm running cayenne 1.2Beta in both 3t and "classic" mode.
    I would like to have some kind of trigger running on server, when
    saving a new record, when saving an existing one and when deleting a
    record. ValidateForSave/Update/Delete method seems to be a perfect.
    But :

    1. When I want to create records with no direct relationship.
    For example, if I would have a Log table where I put all logs about
    records created/modified/deleted and in each log I would like to save
    modified object PK. ValidateForSave is not right place to do so,
    because for new objects there is only temporary PK. For the time
    being I'm overriding setPersistenceState(), and after persistence
    state is changed from new to committed I have the PK, but I don't
    like this solution too much. Any advise ? (I haven't look in to
    transactions yet, would that help ?)

    2. When I want to create records with true relationship
    When I'm saving a record on client, and then during validateForSave
    on server try to add some new records and relationships I'm getting
    ConcurrentModificationException, which I believe is related to the
    fact that relationship is modified or new objects are added to the
    context. I'm I right ? I'm I allowed to modify relationship on server
    after receiving them from client ?

    Regards
    Marcin

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001