Re: auto-incrementing non-primary key field value needed

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 19:47:26 EDT

    I was talking about PkGenerator.generatePkForDbEntity(DataNode,
    DbEntity) method (PkGenerator instance is owned by DbAdapter that is
    owned by DataNode). How you configure it is up to you. If you don't
    care about the gaps in values, and only care about them being unique,
    you can pass the real DbEntity to this method; if you want a separate
    sequence, you may fake a "synthetic" DbEntity and add an extra row to
    AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (or create an extra DB sequence if you are on oracle
    or postgres).

    Andrus