Re: orExp resulting in *fewer* results

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 09:28:27 EDT

    On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 15:10 +0200, Tore Halset wrote:
    > On May 30, 2006, at 10:25, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
    >
    > > If I manually modify the generated query from the orExp() case to use
    > > a LEFT OUTER JOIN instead of INNER JOIN, I get the expected
    > > result.
    >
    > AFAIK Cayenne does not support outer join yet. Google got me to this
    > one:

    Oooopsss.... The JOIN is a red herring here. See corrected summary of my
    problem.

    The INNER JOIN is not generated by Cayenne from the Java
    code. I copied the SELECT statement into MS SQL manager and it will
    rewrite Cayenne's SQL statement to contain an INNER JOIN as part of the
    reformatting.

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com