oid as PK

From: Borut Bolčin (bo..ajdi.si)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 00:52:50 EDT

    Hello,

    in my model I have a table with attribute oid marked as Primary Key. I
    use AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table for PK generation. This table holds say
    100.000 records. In my business case I have to go over each of them and
    this process lasts even three days sometimes (a lot of work for each
    record - that is why). If this process is interrupted, I remember which
    record was last processed, so I can continue working from there on in
    the next run.

    I broke the app when I introduced oid as class propery which I did for
    the following reason:
    qual = qual.andExp(ExpressionFactory.greaterExp("oid", lastIndexedSource));

    I broke it becouse the code for inserting now no longer works as oid is
    a required property. dataContext.commitChanges raises
    ValidationException. I would have to set oid within my code which I
    don't want to do, I have AUTO_PK_SUPPORT to do that.

    Is there an equivalent way to construct a qualifier for the expression
    which would return records with primary keys (oids) greater than some value?

    Thanks,
    Borut