Re: Duplicate Key Problem

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 11:22:30 EDT

    On Jul 13, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Gentry, Michael ((Contractor)) wrote:

    > Is the PK cache per VM or per DataNode? I was thinking per DataNode
    > (obviously within the same VM, of course).

    True, more accurately it is one per DataNode, and is shared by all
    DataContexts that sit on top of a given DataDomain.

    > Another thing that could be tricky is that the MySQL JDBC connector
    > (Connector/J) has an autoReconnect=true option, which would catch a
    > disconnection before Cayenne could see it and reconnect. Not sure at
    > all what would happen to an in-progress transaction if that were the
    > case.

    Good point. But I am more concerned about runtime exceptions in the
    code that theoretically can cause a PK range to become invalid. One
    straightforward way to fix that is to apply the same approach we did
    for Sybase PK generator per CAY-588 (i.e. ensure that PK is generated
    outside of the main transaction. I guess that's what we'll have to
    do, but I want to have a way to reproduce the problem first, if only
    to know that our fix actually fixes it.

    Andrus