Re: Moving object between DataContext

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2006 - 10:26:41 EDT

    At the risk of asking silly questions, why do you need the second
    DataContext? If you do need the second one, could you wait until you
    pull the object into the second context to do the setters? (So the
    second context sets modified correctly.)

    Your comment about Cayenne not thinking an object is modified is
    correct. If you have:

    if (object.getFirstName().equals("Michael"))
    {
        object.setFirstName("michael");
        object.setFirstName("Michael");
    }

    You essentially haven't modified the object and Cayenne figures this out.

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg