Delete Rules: Cascade with Deny on reverse relationship

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 16:13:24 EDT

    If I have object Department, and a to-many relationship to Employees
    marked Cascade, and then Employee has a to-manys relationship to
    Departments marked Deny, will it work if I try to delete a department?

    What I want to do is deny the deletion when an Employee is a member of
    multiple departments, but not when an Employee is a member only of the
    department being deleted.

    (This isn't really a case of Department and Employee, but it seems
    like a good analogy).

    Or to put it another way, does the Deny still happen if the only
    reverse-relationship value is the cascading original object to be
    deleted?