Re: Is matchExp case insensitive or not?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 03:06:48 EDT

    On Aug 2, 2006, at 8:09, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

    > The only thing I assume here is that it is safe to pass a string from
    > an attacker to likeIgnoreCaseExp().

    It should be safe as cayenne uses prepared statement, but some jdbc-
    drivers have had security holes even for prepared statement. Typicaly
    drivers that expand the prepared statement on the client side and
    pass it on as a non-prepared statement.

    Storing clear text password in the database is almost never a good
    solution. I mostly store a sha-1 of the password.

      - Tore.