Database Generated Ids

From: DOMINGUEZ Felipe (Felipe.DOMINGUE..urocontrol.int)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 03:13:27 EDT

    Hello every body.

    I am using Cayenne to query hsqldb.

    On HSQLDB I have a few tables with an auto-increment primary key. When
    I manually enter data onto those tables the key generation works fine.

    On the other hand cayenne always uses its own key generation, generating
    PK with the support of table AUTO_PK_SUPPORT.

    I did some research last night and I found out that I must set the
    database custom adapter in the DomainNode adapter panel, so I set it to
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.hsqldb.HSQLDBAdapter

    But still, Cayenne uses AUTO_PK_SUPPORT

    To use AUTO_PK_SUPPORT is not a bad idea, since it will keep it db
    independent ( I believe) but still, I would really like to know how to
    do it.

    Could you please give a hint on what is going on?

    Cheers

    Felipe
    ____

    This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

    Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

    Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.