Re: Problems with Derby, database generated primary keys and dataport

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 16:11:41 EDT

    On Oct 4, 2006, at 01:38, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

    > Has anyone tried to use Derby & dataport for a table that has a
    > database generated primary key in the destination?
    >
    > AFAICT, the primary key is not copied in this case, but rather the
    > database generated primary key is kept.

    I guess dataport does not know that it maybe should turn off the
    generated key property while inserting. Are all the INSERT-commands
    issued without setting a value for the generated column?

    I realy do not know as I do not use generated columns that often.
    (that is mainly caused by the psql jdbc driver not supporting it..)

      - Tore.